Shop by Category
** Now in stock - Custom Build - ships in 1-2 weeks from order. **
It’s FINALLY here – enjoy a fully functional interior in your 350z / G35 with a GM LS V8 engine swap. This Wiring Specialties CANbus harness does the trick! Tach, engine temp and ZERO fault lights for traction control or stability control. Have a properly running car again, with the power of an LS1 V8 engine. All of these features in a harness with NO CORES needed.
Looking for the best in aesthetics, weight savings and reliability out of your harness? Our Pro Series harness completely replaces your old OEM harness so you can forget about those electrical gremlins.
This Wiring Specialties PRO Series harness was designed from the ground-up to exceed OEM specifications for wire quality, power/ground routing. With our optimized and 'tucked' approach the end result will be a clean and worry free installation with a guaranteed start up.
This harness is specifically engineered for a USDM LHD Z33 350z / V35 Infinity G35 (2003-2007) with the GM LS1 V8 engine swap. It was developed in house on an actual LS1 engine in a FM chassis to ensure a perfect fit to all engine connections.
Wiring Specialties offers a number of options for common performance upgrades for this product. Build your perfect harness by selecting from the available options to the right, and as always - if you have any questions, please reach out to us.
SUPPORTED ENGINES: Gen 3 Drive By Cable LS1/Vortec
- Any F-Body LS1 from 1999-2002 Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am or Corvette
- Any LS1 from 2004 Pontiac GTO
- Any Truck/SUV LSx/Vortec engine from 1999-2004 Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Escalade, etc.
- Supports Engines with DRIVE BY CABLE THROTTLE ONLY
CHASSIS: Nissan Z33 350z / Infinity V35 G35
- Any USDM 350z model years 2003-2007
- Any USDM G35 model years 2003-2007
- The Wiring Specialties harness provides proper 350z / G35 gauge cluster functionality for the LS1 engine swap. ECU output functions such as Tach, Engine coolant temp, CEL, Speedometer, fuel gauge and illumination are all supported by the proprietary CANbus controller, included in this kit.
- Fans functionality – the factory car has very capable fans and controllers. We suggest keeping them for the swap, when possible. The Wiring Specialties CANbus Controller retains the factory fan functionality, with pre-set engine temp turn ON and OFF points. We also provide an override for FULL ON fan function by engaging the DSC button. Sleek and clever!
- Plug and play features of this harness require the OEM body harness, body control module and fuse boxes to be UNMODIFIED. The harness utilizes a number of relays and controllers from the OEM chassis, so they need to remain on the chassis fuse box, in stock form.
- For proper Oil Pressure Gauge function, the OEM oil pressure sending unit needs to be used. In most cases a relocation line and an adapter (available to the right in Options) needs to be used in order to use the Nissan sensor with the swap. Stock OEM gauge functionality is available for an extra charge if selected in the Options.
- Please contact us prior to purchase to inquire about Air Conditioning.
- Traction / Stability control is not functional with this swap.
PRO-SERIES HARNESS TECHNICAL SPECS
- Plug and Play – simple and efficient
- NO CORE HARNESS or additional wiring required
- OEM wire colors used, where applicable
- All sensor signal connection use EM shielded wires
- Fireproof fiberglass sleeving used in high-temp sections near the manifold & turbo (-40°C/-40°F to +450°C/+845°F operating temperature)
- Point-to-Point continuity tested on every wire
- Constructed using exact OEM connectors and seals
- Made with high temp TXL wire with adhesive shrink tubing (-40°C/-40°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Wrapped in lightweight nylon loom (-94°C/-137°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Includes a charge harness and improved grounds
- Fully tested after production for an easy plug-and-play installation
PRO-SERIES HARNESS INCLUDES
- Main Engine and Transmission one-piece tucked harness
- Alternator charge cable built into the main harness
- Knock sensor sub-harness connector
- MAFS connector (3-pin or 5-pin)
- MAP sensor connector
- Intake Air Temp connector
- TPS connector
- 8x Injector connectors
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 Coil interface connectors (coil harnesses are optional)
- Oil Pressure gauge connector
- Wiring for 2 PCM-controlled electric cooling fans
- Cam sensor connector
- Crank sensor connector
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 FRONT Oxygen sensor connectors (High Temp shielding)
- 1 x Ground ring terminal
- Idle air connector
- ECT sensor connector and cluster coolant temp switch connector
- Reverse lights sensor connector
- Speed sensor connector
- Reverse Lockout connector
- Skip Shift connector
- LS1 Alternator connector
- Starter signal/start connector
- A/C Wiring is available as an option. Please note that adding A/C to an LS1 Z33 is not easy and will require custom lines and sensor installation. Wiring Specialties will provide a wiring sub-harness needed for operating the A/C system ONLY. Call or email for details.
- OBD2 Communication connector
- Printable install instructions with pictures
- Turn Key ENGINE START Guarantee
- Tech support for our customers 7 days a week
FAQ & OTHER DETAILS
- Startup PCM Flash Tune - GM LS1 PCMs require basic tuning in order to run the LSx engine in a different chassis such as the 240sx, 300zx, Datsun etc. The VATS alarm or Immobilizer will prevent the engine from starting unless it is disabled. The standard base startup tune is VATS / EVAP / Rear O2 / Fuel Tank Purge removal. Most tunes leave the other parameters stock. No performance settings are changed with this startup tune - fuel map changes are NOT part of this service. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding this service.
- Alternator Charge Cable - This item ties the starter/battery directly to the Alternator output, which allows the improved power routing on our harness to eliminate the wire running from the alternator to the fusebox and/or battery while still charging the battery normally.
- Grounding Kit - Our Kit ties a number if engine components to the body of the car and ensures that you will not have issues resulting from poor grounds. The Grounding Kit utilizes Ultra High temp fiberglass sleeving to allow installation under or around exhaust components. Very flexible mounting options allow you to connect the block, head, battery tray, alternator case and chassis to completely eliminate all grounding issues.
- Plug-n-Play vs Universal - Plug-n-Play harnesses connect to your car's underhood fuse box for power and to connectors under the dash for gauges etc. Universal harnesses do not need an underhood fusebox to connect to and the wiring for gauges and warning lights is provided as a 'flying lead' which are bare wires labeled with their function.
- Right Hand Drive (RHD) Conversions - If you used ALL the stock LHD chassis connectors for your RHD swap, order the LHD version of the harness. If you used ALL the clip/swap RHD chassis connectors, order the RHD version of the harness. If you used a combination of LHD and RHD chassis connectors, please contact us as our harnesses will need modification.
- Don't See It? - If you have injectors, throttle body, coilpacks or any other item that you do not see on the Options offerings, please contact us. Chances are we can do it!
- Battery Cables / Battery Relocation - The battery must be connected to the starter, so you need a battery cable from the positive battery terminal to the starter main power lug. Typically this positive battery cable also powers up the main under hood fusebox, which runs many of the non-engine items on your car like interior lights, dash power and headlights/taillights. Please make sure you have prepared for this as each install is different.