Shop by Category
Wiring Specialties now carries coil-on-plug "Smart Coil" GM coil conversions for the 2JZGTE VVTi engines. This is a major upgrade in spark performance over the stock ignition system. This system eliminates the ignitor and replaces the stock coilpacks completely.
The stock Toyota coils are getting old, replacements are expensive and usually need to be shipped. LS Smart Coils can usually be found easily in local parts stores. Eliminate potential downtime waiting for expensive Toyota replacement coils to arrive.
Wiring Installation is plug-and play in the stock location with a Wiring Specialties PRO Main Engine Harness with the Add LS2/LQ9 Coilpack Conversion Harness Option selected.
Installation is drop in on the 2J VVTI/Non VVTI in the stock location and clears factory cover.
- This conversion setup MUST be used with the Wiring Specialties PRO 2JZGTE VVTi Main Engine Harness with the addition of the Wiring Specialties LSx Smart Coil Conversion 2JZGTE Coilpack Harness option. It WILL NOT WORK with the stock OEM Factory engine & coil pack harnesses.
- If the kit is being installed on a JDM Supra or Aristo, a tachometer adapter such as the Dakota Digital SGI-8 will be required to restore tachometer functionality, as the tach on these cars is driven from a high level output from the (now deleted) ignitor.
- These coils will work with the stock 2JZGTE VVTi ECU, but need an additional IGF box to synthesize the required IGF signal back to the ECU. Please contact us for details.
- Use with an aftermarket ECU is recommended and is 100% plug-n-play.
This Kit Includes:
- Used, Cleaned, Tested and Shielded D585 GM Heat Sink Smart Coils
- Carbon Fiber upper brackets
- G10 lower heat shield Brackets
- Hand machined/knurled spacers and Beauty washers-Custom colors are available.
- Stainless hardware
- Aramid insulator washers
- NGK Blue Plug boots
- Custom ignition contact springs