Looking for the best in aesthetics, weight savings and reliability out of your harness? Our Pro Series harness completely replaces your old OEM harness so you can forget about those electrical gremlins.
This Wiring Specialties PRO Series harness was designed from the ground-up to exceed OEM specifications for wire quality, power/ground routing. With our optimized and 'tucked' approach the end result will be a clean and worry free installation with a guaranteed start up.
This harness is specifically engineered for a JDM S13 Silvia (88-94) / 180sx (89-98) with the 350Z/G35 VQ35DE engine swap. It was developed in house on an actual VQ35DE engine to ensure a perfect fit to all engine connections.
Wiring Specialties offers a number of options for common performance upgrades for this product. Build your perfect harness by selecting from the available options to the right, and as always - if you have any questions, please reach out to us.
ENGINE: 350Z/G35 VQ35DE
- REQUIRES use of OEM Smart Coils
- Please check your engine to verify the number of pins on your O2 Oxygen Sensor connectors before ordering
- Rev-Up Engines are NOT supported at this time
- HR or Hi Rev Engines are NOT supported at this time
CHASSIS: RHD JDM S13 Silvia / 180sx
- Any JDM RHD S13 Silvia from 1988-1994 (Including ABS cars)
- Any JDM RHD 180sx from 1989-1998 (Including Type X cars)
- Factory Tachometer use requires the S13 SR20 1991-1994 tach to be installed in 1988-1990 CA18 original engine cars.
- Factory Tachometer use requires manual tach adjustment, or use of the Dakota Digital SGi Box W/ Tach Wiring Option unless using an Aftermarket ECU
- Factory Speedometer use with CD009 trans requires a custom GPS Speedo / adapter or the use of ABS or additional aftermarket sensors to provide a speed signal. The CD009 transmission does NOT have a speed sensor.
- AC, reverse lights, wipers, engine temp gauge, Alternator Warning light and Oil Pressure Warning light remain functional.
PRO-SERIES HARNESS TECHNICAL SPECS
- Plug and Play – simple and efficient
- Significantly lighter than a factory harness
- NO CORE HARNESS or additional wiring required
- OEM wire colors used, where applicable
- All sensor signal connections use EM shielded wires
- Fireproof fiberglass sleeving used in high-temp sections near the manifold & turbo (-40°C/-40°F to +450°C/+845°F operating temperature)
- Point-to-Point continuity tested on every wire
- Constructed using exact OEM connectors and seals
- Made with high temp TXL wire with adhesive shrink tubing (-40°C/-40°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Wrapped in lightweight nylon loom (-94°C/-137°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Includes a charge harness and improved grounds
- Fully tested after production for an easy plug-and-play installation
PRO-SERIES HARNESS INCLUDES
- Main Engine and Transmission one-piece tucked harness
- Alternator charge cable
- 6x Coilpack connections
- 6x Injector connections
- MAFS connector
- TPS connector
- OEM Oxygen sensor connectors - Heated 4-pin or Wideband 6-pin as selected
- Ground ring terminal
- Nissan Diagnostics connector
- Reverse lights sensor connector
- Alternator connector
- Starter signal connector
- Dash and fuse box connections through the Interface harness
- Printable install instructions with pictures
- Turn Key ENGINE START Guarantee
- Tech support for our customers 7 days a week
FAQ & OTHER DETAILS
- Alternator Charge Cable - This item ties the starter/battery directly to the Alternator output, which allows the improved power routing on our harness to eliminate the wire running from the alternator to the fusebox and/or battery while still charging the battery normally.
- Grounding Kit - Our Kit ties a number if engine components to the body of the car and ensures that you will not have issues resulting from poor grounds. The Grounding Kit utilizes Ultra High temp fiberglass sleeving to allow installation under or around exhaust components. Very flexible mounting options allow you to connect the block, head, battery tray, alternator case and chassis to completely eliminate all grounding issues.
- Speedo / Tach Signal Conditioning - The Dakota Digital SGI unit for Speed and Tach can 'condition' the signal to compensate for cross-platform swaps and/or changes to the number of cylinders. If the Option exists to ADD either unit on the harness page for your swap, then you need them for proper speedo & tach operation. Please note that some transmissions (350z, BMW ZF and S15 Silvia for example) do not have a speed sensor and will require a non-harness based solution like a GPS speedo. Most Nissan to Nissan swaps can simply adjust the tachometer to compensate.
- Plug-n-Play vs Universal - Plug-n-Play harnesses connect to your car's under hood fuse box for power and to connectors under the dash for gauges etc. Universal harnesses do not need an under hood fusebox to connect to and the wiring for gauges and warning lights is provided as a 'flying lead' which are bare wires labeled with their function.
- Right Hand Drive (RHD) Conversions - If you used ALL the stock LHD chassis connectors for your RHD swap, order the LHD version of the harness. If you used ALL the clip/swap RHD chassis connectors, order the RHD version of the harness. If you used a combination of LHD and RHD chassis connectors, please contact us as our harnesses will need modification.
- Don't See It? - If you have injectors, throttle body, coilpacks or any other item that you do not see on the Options offerings, please contact us. Chances are we can do it!
- Battery Cables / Battery Relocation - The battery must be connected to the starter, so you need a battery cable from the positive battery terminal to the starter main power lug. Typically this positive battery cable also powers up the main under hood fusebox, which runs many of the non-engine items on your car like interior lights, dash power and headlights/taillights. Please make sure you have prepared for this as each install is different.