Nissan Z33 350Z with an LS3 / VORTEC 4th Generation V8 Engine Swap
Complete Replacement Engine Harness pre-wired for use with the LINK Xtreme / XtremeX Aftermarket ECU & appropriate LINK-compatible sensors. Contact Sales for other LINK ECU models.
GM 5.3 / 6.0 / 6.2 / 7.0 Liter GEN 4 LS3 & VORTEC Engines Using BLACK Connector 58x Reluctor & DRIVE BY WIRE (DBW) / ELECTRONIC THROTTLE
NISSAN 350Z FITMENT
- Any USDM LHD Z33 Nissan 350Z manufactured in 2003-2006
- Retains factory FANS, Speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, alternator charge light, reverse lights and wipers.
- The Wiring Specialties harness provides proper 350z gauge cluster functionality for the LS engine swap. ECU output functions such as Tach, Engine coolant temp, CEL, Speedometer, fuel gauge and illumination are all supported by the proprietary CANbus controller, included in this kit.
- Fans functionality – the factory car has very capable fans and controllers. We suggest keeping them for the swap, when possible. The Wiring Specialties CANbus Controller retains the factory fan functionality, with pre-set engine temp turn ON and OFF points. We also provide an override for FULL ON fan function by engaging the DSC button. Sleek and clever!
- Plug and play features of this harness require the OEM 350z body harness, body control module and fuse boxes to be UNMODIFIED. The harness utilizes a number of relays and controllers present in the OEM 350z, so they need to remain on the chassis fuse box, in stock form.
- For proper Oil Pressure Gauge function, the 350z OEM oil pressure sending unit needs to be used. In most cases a relocation line needs to be used in order to use the Nissan sensor with the swap. Harness connection will be provided to reach the passenger side shock tower for sensor relocation (optional).
- Traction / Stability control is not functional with this swap.
FULLY FINISHED HARNESS
All loom secured, and engine/transmission connectors attached.
If you are not buying sensors with this harness - Please check your part numbers against what is listed for that Option. If any are different from what is listed for oil pressure, MAP, IAT & Wideband O2 Sensor Controller please enter brand & part number details in the NOTES section when checking out or contact Sales to verify they will work.
PRO-SERIES HARNESS TECHNICAL SPECS
- Plug and Play for the engine – simple and efficient
- NO CORE HARNESS or additional wiring required
- OEM wire colors used, where applicable
- All sensor signal connection use EM shielded wires
- Super-High Temp Fireproof fiberglass loom used on knock sensor, O2 sensor & transmission branches located in hot areas. (-40°C/-40°F to +450°C/+845°F operating temperature)
- Point-to-Point continuity tested on every wire
- Constructed using exact OEM connectors and seals
- Made with high temp TXL wire with adhesive shrink tubing (-40°C/-40°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Wrapped in lightweight nylon loom (-94°C/-137°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Includes a charge harness and improved harness grounds
- Fully tested after production for an easy plug-and-play installation
PRO-SERIES HARNESS INCLUDES
- Harness fully redesigned with optimized & improved power and ground routing
- Main Engine and Transmission one-piece tucked harness
- Knock sensor sub-harness connector - Contact Sales for upgrade options
- MAP sensor connector
- Intake Air Temp connector
- TPS connector
- 8x Injector connectors
- Integrated Bank 1 and Bank 2 Coil Harnesses in the OEM location – no sub-harnesses required
- Oil Pressure gauge connector
- Proper gauge wiring support for Dual 30 Amp PCM-controlled electric cooling fans
- Cam sensor connector
- Crank sensor connector
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 FRONT Oxygen sensor connectors (High Temp shielding)
- Ground ring terminals
- Idle air connector
- ECT sensor connector and coolant temp switch connector
- Reverse lights sensor connector
- Speed sensor connector
- Reverse Lockout connector
- Skip Shift connector
- Alternator connector
- Starter signal/start connector
- A/C Wiring is available as an option
- OBD2 Communication connector
- Turn Key ENGINE START Guarantee
- Tech support for our customers 7 days a week
FAQ & OTHER DETAILS
- Alternator Charge Cable - This item ties the starter/battery directly to the Alternator output, which allows the improved power routing on our harness to eliminate the wire running from the alternator to the fusebox and/or battery while still charging the battery normally.
- Grounding Kit - Our Kit ties a number if engine components to the body of the car and ensures that you will not have issues resulting from poor grounds. The Grounding Kit utilizes Ultra High temp fiberglass sleeving to allow installation under or around exhaust components. Very flexible mounting options allow you to connect the block, head, battery tray, alternator case and chassis to completely eliminate all grounding issues.
- Speedo Signal Conditioning - The Dakota Digital SGI-5 unit for Speed can 'condition' the signal to compensate for cross-platform swaps. If the Option exists to ADD the unit on the harness page for your swap, then you need it for proper speedo operation. Please note that some transmissions (350z, BMW ZF and S15 Silvia for example) do not have a speed sensor and will require a non-harness based solution like a GPS speedo.
- Plug-n-Play vs Universal - Plug-n-Play harnesses connect to your car's underhood fuse box for power and to connectors under the dash for gauges etc. Universal harnesses do not need an underhood fusebox to connect to and the wiring for gauges and warning lights is provided as a 'flying lead' which are bare wires labeled with their function.
- Right Hand Drive (RHD) Conversions - If you used ALL the stock LHD chassis connectors for your RHD swap, order the LHD version of the harness. If you used ALL the clip/swap RHD chassis connectors, order the RHD version of the harness. If you used a combination of LHD and RHD chassis connectors, please contact us as our harnesses will need modification.
- Don't See It? - If you have injectors, throttle body, coilpacks or any other item that you do not see on the Options offerings, please contact us. Chances are we can do it!
- Battery Cables / Battery Relocation - The battery must be connected to the starter, so you need a battery cable from the positive battery terminal to the starter main power lug. Typically this positive battery cable also powers up the main under hood fusebox, which runs many of the non-engine items on your car like interior lights, dash power and headlights/taillights. Please make sure you have prepared for this as each install is different.