Shop by Category
Looking for the best in aesthetics, weight savings and reliability out of your harness? Our Pro Series harness completely replaces your old OEM harness so you can forget about those electrical gremlins.
This harness is perfect for a BMW E46 1999-2006 with the GM LS1 Cable Throttle engine swap. This harness was developed in house on an actual LS1 engine to ensure a perfect fit to all engine connections.
- Conversion from stock electronic Drive-By-Wire throttle pedal to cable throttle is REQUIRED
SUPPORTED ENGINES: Gen 3 Drive By Cable LS1/Vortec
- Any F-Body LS1 from 1999-2002 Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am or Corvette
- Any LS1 from 2004 Pontiac GTO
- Any Truck/SUV LSx/Vortec engine from 1999-2004 Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Escalade, etc.
- Supports Engines with DRIVE BY CABLE THROTTLE ONLY
CHASSIS: BMW E46 1999-2006 USING CABLE THROTTLE CONVERSION ONLY
- BMW E46 1999-2006 including i & ci versions of 316 / 318 / 320 / 323 / 325 / 328 / 330, 330 ZHP & M3
- Factory Speedometer functions by utilizing the ABS system outputs. As long as this system is properly functional, the speedometer will remain accurate.
- Factory Tachometer remains accurate unless number of cylinders changes. Use Dakota Digital SGi-8 if the number of cylinders has changed from factory.
- A/C wiring utilizes stock BMW fuse box AC relay and wiring. The AC compressor connector must be wired to the chassis’ output AC signal wire.
- Retains functional alternator charge display, oil pressure display, coolant temperature display, reverse lights and wipers.
- Factory cooling fans remain functional if that option is selected.
PRO-SERIES HARNESS TECHNICAL SPECS
- Plug and Play – simple and efficient
- NO CORE HARNESS or additional wiring required
- OEM wire colors used, where applicable
- All sensor signal connection use EM shielded wires
- Super-High Temp Fireproof fiberglass loom used on knock sensor, O2 sensor & transmission branches located in hot areas. (-40°C/-40°F to +450°C/+845°F operating temperature)
- Point-to-Point continuity tested on every wire
- Constructed using exact OEM connectors and seals
- Made with high temp TXL wire with adhesive shrink tubing (-40°C/-40°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Wrapped in lightweight nylon loom (-94°C/-137°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Includes a charge harness and improved grounds
- Fully tested after production for an easy plug-and-play installation
PRO-SERIES HARNESS INCLUDES
- Harness fully redesigned with optimized & improved power and ground routing
- Supplied with 5 Fused Relays in a weather-tight sealed Bussmann Box
- Relays provided: Ignition, Fuel Pump, Fan1, Fan2 & A/C relay (if not using A/C can be used for aux function like oil/diff cooler fan etc)
- Main Engine and Transmission one-piece tucked harness
- Alternator charge cable built into the main harness
- Knock sensor sub-harness connector
- MAFS connector
- MAP sensor connector
- Intake Air Temp connector
- TPS connector
- 8x Injector connectors
- Integrated Bank 1 and Bank 2 Coil Harnesses in the OEM location – no sub-harnesses required
- Oil Pressure gauge connector
- Proper gauge wiring support for Dual 30 Amp PCM-controlled electric cooling fans
- Cam sensor connector
- Crank sensor connector
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 FRONT Oxygen sensor connectors (High Temp shielding)
- 1 x Ground ring terminal
- Idle air connector
- ECT sensor connector and cluster coolant temp switch connector
- Reverse lights sensor connector
- Speed sensor connector
- Reverse Lockout connector
- Skip Shift connector
- Alternator connector
- Starter signal/start connector
- A/C Wiring is available as an option. Please note that adding A/C to an LS2 is not easy and will require custom lines and sensor installation. Wiring Specialties will provide a wiring sub-harness needed for operating the A/C system ONLY
- OBD2 Communication connector
- Printable install instructions with pictures
- Turn Key ENGINE START Guarantee
- Tech support for our customers 7 days a week
FAQ & OTHER DETAILS
- Startup PCM Flash Tune - GM LS1 PCMs require basic tuning in order to run the LS engine in a different chassis. The VATS alarm or Immobilizer will prevent the engine from starting unless it is disabled. The standard base startup tune is VATS / EVAP / Rear O2 / Fuel Tank Purge removal. Most tunes leave the other parameters stock. No performance settings are changed with this startup tune - fuel map changes are NOT part of this service. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding this service.
- Alternator Charge Cable - This item ties the starter/battery directly to the Alternator output, which allows the improved power routing on our harness to eliminate the wire running from the alternator to the fusebox and/or battery while still charging the battery normally.
- Grounding Kit - Our Kit ties a number if engine components to the body of the car and ensures that you will not have issues resulting from poor grounds. The Grounding Kit utilizes Ultra High temp fiberglass sleeving to allow installation under or around exhaust components. Very flexible mounting options allow you to connect the block, head, battery tray, alternator case and chassis to completely eliminate all grounding issues.
- Speedo Signal Conditioning - The Dakota Digital SGI-5 unit for Speed can 'condition' the signal to compensate for cross-platform swaps. If the Option exists to ADD the unit on the harness page for your swap, then you need it for proper speedo operation. Please note that some transmissions (350z, BMW ZF and S15 Silvia for example) do not have a speed sensor and will require a non-harness based solution like a GPS speedo.
- Plug-n-Play vs Universal - Plug-n-Play harnesses connect to your car's underhood fuse box for power and to connectors under the dash for gauges etc. Universal harnesses do not need an underhood fusebox to connect to and the wiring for gauges and warning lights is provided as a 'flying lead' which are bare wires labeled with their function.
- Right Hand Drive (RHD) Conversions - If you used ALL the stock LHD chassis connectors for your RHD swap, order the LHD version of the harness. If you used ALL the clip/swap RHD chassis connectors, order the RHD version of the harness. If you used a combination of LHD and RHD chassis connectors, please contact us as our harnesses will need modification.
- Don't See It? - If you have injectors, throttle body, coilpacks or any other item that you do not see on the Options offerings, please contact us. Chances are we can do it!
- Battery Cables / Battery Relocation - The battery must be connected to the starter, so you need a battery cable from the positive battery terminal to the starter main power lug. Typically this positive battery cable also powers up the main under hood fusebox, which runs many of the non-engine items on your car like interior lights, dash power and headlights/taillights. Please make sure you have prepared for this as each install is different.