Looking for the best in aesthetics, weight savings and reliability out of your harness? Our Pro Series harness completely replaces your old OEM harness so you can forget about those electrical gremlins.
This Wiring Specialties PRO Series harness was designed from the ground-up to exceed OEM specifications for wire quality, power/ground routing. With our optimized and 'tucked' approach the end result will be a clean and worry free installation with a guaranteed start up.
This harness is specifically engineered for a JDM RHD S13 Nissan Silvia (88-94) or 180sx (89-98) with any GM Generation IV LS Engine using an LS1 Drive-by-Cable Throttle Body, TPS, Alternator & LS1 PCM. It was developed in house on an actual Gen IV engine in an S13 JDM chassis to ensure a perfect fit to all engine connections.
Wiring Specialties offers a number of options for common performance upgrades for this product. Build your perfect harness by selecting from the available options to the right, and as always - if you have any questions, please reach out to us.
SUPPORTED ENGINES: Gen IV LS Engine using LS1 Cable Throttle & PCM
- Any Gen IV LS Engine using LS1 Cable Throttle Body & Cable Throttle PCM
- Includes LS2, L76, LY6, LY2 & L20 Vortec 4800, LMF & LH6 Vortec 5300, LY5, LMG, LC9, LS7, L92, LS3, L99, LS9, LSA
- Engines with the 58x Reluctor Wheel will include pre-wired Lingenfelter Reluctor Conversion Box (+$250)
- Supports Engines with LS1 DRIVE BY CABLE THROTTLE ONLY
- Must use LS1 Alternator
- Must use LS1 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Must use LS1 Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Variable Valve Timing VVT, if present, will not be active
CHASSIS: RHD JDM S13 Silvia / 180sx
- Any JDM RHD S13 Silvia manufactured in 1988-1994 (Including ABS cars)
- Any JDM RHD 180sx manufactured in 1989-1998 (Including Type X cars)
- Factory Speedometer use requires the DD SGi-5 Signal Conditioner Box
- Factory Tachometer & Alternator Warning light remain functional
- Optional Factory Gauge Sensor Adapters retain the factory Nissan Oil Pressure and Coolant Temp cluster functionality. The adapters are also machined to support most aftermarket temperature and pressure gauges that require a 1/8"-27 thread pitch. Will require the use of Nissan S13/S14 Oil and Temp sensors (1-wire).
PRO-SERIES HARNESS TECHNICAL SPECS
- Plug and Play – simple and efficient
- NO CORE HARNESS or additional wiring required
- OEM wire colors used, where applicable
- Fireproof fiberglass sleeving used in high-temp sections near the manifold & turbo (-40°C/-40°F to +450°C/+845°F operating temperature)
- Point-to-Point continuity tested on every wire
- Constructed using exact OEM connectors and seals
- Made with high temp TXL wire with adhesive shrink tubing (-40°C/-40°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Wrapped in lightweight nylon loom (-94°C/-137°F to +125°C/+257°F operating temperature)
- Includes a charge harness and improved grounds
- Fully tested after production for an easy plug-and-play installation
PRO-SERIES HARNESS INCLUDES
- Main Engine and Transmission one-piece tucked harness
- Alternator charge cable built into the main harness
- Knock sensor sub-harness connector
- MAFS connector (3-pin or 5-pin)
- MAP sensor connector
- Intake Air Temp connector
- TPS connector
- 8x Injector connectors
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 Coil interface connectors (coil harnesses are optional)
- Oil Pressure gauge connector
- Wiring for 2 PCM-controlled electric cooling fans
- Cam sensor connector
- Crank sensor connector
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 FRONT Oxygen sensor connectors (High Temp shielding)
- 1 x Ground ring terminal
- Idle air connector
- ECT sensor connector and cluster coolant temp switch connector
- Reverse lights sensor connector
- Speed sensor connector
- Reverse Lockout connector
- Skip Shift connector
- LS1 Alternator connector
- Starter signal/start connector
- A/C Wiring is available as an option. Please note that adding A/C to an LS1 S13 is not easy and will require custom lines and sensor installation. Wiring Specialties will provide a wiring sub-harness needed for operating the A/C system ONLY.
- OBD2 Communication connector
- Printable install instructions with pictures
- Turn Key ENGINE START Guarantee
- Tech support for our customers 7 days a week
FAQ & OTHER DETAILS
- LS PCM Tachometer Adjustment - The LS1 PCM Startup Tune includes setup of the tachometer signal to work on your chassis. Signal conditioning is generally not required.
- Startup PCM Flash Tune - GM LS1 PCMs require basic tuning in order to run the LSx engine in a different chassis such as the 240sx, 300zx, Datsun etc. The VATS alarm or Immobilizer will prevent the engine from starting unless it is disabled. The standard base startup tune is VATS / EVAP / Rear O2 / Fuel Tank Purge removal. Most tunes leave the other parameters stock. No performance settings are changed with this startup tune - fuel map changes are NOT part of this service. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding this service.
- Alternator Charge Cable - This item ties the starter/battery directly to the Alternator output, which allows the improved power routing on our harness to eliminate the wire running from the alternator to the fusebox and/or battery while still charging the battery normally.
- Grounding Kit - Our Kit ties a number if engine components to the body of the car and ensures that you will not have issues resulting from poor grounds. The Grounding Kit utilizes Ultra High temp fiberglass sleeving to allow installation under or around exhaust components. Very flexible mounting options allow you to connect the block, head, battery tray, alternator case and chassis to completely eliminate all grounding issues.
- Speedo Signal Conditioning - The Dakota Digital SGI-5 unit for Speed can 'condition' the signal to compensate for cross-platform swaps. If the Option exists to ADD the unit on the harness page for your swap, then you need it for proper speedo operation. Please note that some transmissions (350z, BMW ZF and S15 Silvia for example) do not have a speed sensor and will require a non-harness based solution like a GPS speedo.
- Plug-n-Play vs Universal - Plug-n-Play harnesses connect to your car's underhood fuse box for power and to connectors under the dash for gauges etc. Universal harnesses do not need an underhood fusebox to connect to and the wiring for gauges and warning lights is provided as a 'flying lead' which are bare wires labeled with their function.
- Right Hand Drive (RHD) Conversions - If you used ALL the stock LHD chassis connectors for your RHD swap, order the LHD version of the harness. If you used ALL the clip/swap RHD chassis connectors, order the RHD version of the harness. If you used a combination of LHD and RHD chassis connectors, please contact us as our harnesses will need modification.
- Don't See It? - If you have injectors, throttle body, coilpacks or any other item that you do not see on the Options offerings, please contact us. Chances are we can do it!
- Battery Cables / Battery Relocation - The battery must be connected to the starter, so you need a battery cable from the positive battery terminal to the starter main power lug. Typically this positive battery cable also powers up the main under hood fusebox, which runs many of the non-engine items on your car like interior lights, dash power and headlights/taillights. Please make sure you have prepared for this as each install is different.